Become a Member of the NEOHS! We offer several membership options.
Visit our Museum Store! Antique Toys, Lone Ranger Gear and more!
The Northeast Oakland Historical Society was organized in 1971 by a group of local citizens with a desire to preserve an awareness of this area's history and its artifacts. The society maintains the museum, which is staffed by volunteers. Twice a year, the Northeast Oakland Historical Society hots an informal social gathering which features a speaker on topics of historical interest. These gatherings are fun as well as informative and the public is welcome. Membership to the society is open to everyone
Our building at One North Washington Street has a past as rich as many of its historical contents. It was registered as a Michigan Historical Site by the Michigan Historical commission on September 14, 1992. Around 1900, a two story brick building was built on the site by Alfred Hagerman.
In the early 1920's, the building was purchased by the Oxford Savings Bank and was torn down to the Terrazzo floor, and rebuilt into the one story Indiana limestone building you see today. It was the home of Oxford Savings Bank from 1922 to 1966. It was left vacant for several years, and took months of hard work by many determined volunteers to refurbish the building to be used as a museum. The Northeast Oakland Historical Museum recently celebrated its 36th anniversary.
Field Trips and Group Tours by Appointment
Brace Beemer was the voice of the Lone Ranger on WXYZ in Detroit. He did over 2000 radio shows as the Lone Ranger which are carried on 129 stations nationwide.
He and his family lived on W. Drahner Road on a 300 acre farm called Paint Creek Acres. It was home to his horse 'Silver' and other horses, sheep and large dogs.
Thursday 1pm - 4pm
Saturday 1pm - 4pm
The Northeast Oakland Historical Museum is located on the corner of North Washington Street (M-24) and Burdick Street. The address of the building is One North Washington Street in Oxford, Michigan.
1 N. Washington Oxford MI 48371 Driving Directions
Historical Society Board